Cardiff Bridge Works
When maintenance work required scaffolding to be erected on a rail bridge over the A48 dual carriageway into Cardiff, there could be only one overnight total road closure to get the job done. The tight schedule led to many specialist scaffold companies claiming it couldn't be done - Attridge Scaffolding thought differently and delivered the project on time and on budget.
Attridge Scaffolding specified the use of system scaffold due to its compatibility with this type of construction but most importantly because of its claim to be 60% faster than other methods of construction.
- Splitting the 50 metre bridge, two 21 metre spans and a central support were erected over each carriageway.
- Attridge's vast experience allowed a solution to be developed that met all the requirements in advance of the build.
- Attridge conducted a timed trial with all operatives participating prior to work commencing on site.
- Attridge Scaffolding erected 320 metres of HAKISPAN 750 beams during the nine hour road possession.
- The installation was completed by four teams of scaffolders using scissor lifts.
- Despite critical tolerances the site was surrendered on schedule at 5.30am.
- Four consecutive nightly single carriageway closures allowed Attridge to erect two suspended scaffolds over each carriageway.